Symbaloo is a great way to bookmark sites for students. Check out the Symbaloos below for fun and engaging learning activities.
1U Listening to Reading (Left) and Math (Right)
Van Horne Elementary
Nat Geo Books
K-3 Math Skills Practice
These are relevant, safe sites for your child to practice skills around what we are learning at school.
We use a website called Symbaloo to display our favorite website links for students. You can add this to your computer at home as well to make it easy for your children to access their favorite learning games.
Our Symbaloo: http://www.symbaloo.com/mix/bcelementarywebmix
How to set a webmix as your homepage:
1. Type the link above to go to the Symbaloo.
2. Click on the orange box that says "Add this webmix"
3. If a dialog box opens, you can simply click on the X to close it. You do not need to set up an account.
4. Copy the link that is showing in your URL bar.
5. In Google Chrome: go to the icon with three lines at the top right of your screen (right under your red X that closes programs). Click on the icon with three lines. Choose "Settings," scroll down to where it says On Startup. Select the last option: Open a specific page or set of pages. Click on "Set pages" in blue. Paste your link in the box and click okay. Now when you open Google Chrome, it will automatically start on the Symbaloo.
6. In Internet Explorer: go to the gear icon at the top right of your screen (right under your red X that closes programs). Click on the gear, choose "Internet Options" from the menu. Paste the web address into the box and click "OK".
To add another Symbaloo:
Once you have set a Symbaloo page in your browser, it is easy to add pages. Within Symbaloo, simply click on the +.
Click "Use this webmix" to add it to your tabs. We also like “Nat Geo Books”.